To a Roman Catholic gay priest wanting a spiritual home in TEC

> I am seriously considering Anglicanism, as I was before. So I'd ask your
> advice on which dioceses here in the States are worth investigating. I'm
> more liberal in my social theology and views, somewhat broad/high
> liturgically, and of course, a gay man as well. I'd love to find a
> spiritual home in which I can minister, and live a life of honesty and
> integrity. Any information or advice you offer would be greatly
> appreciated.

I suggest that first you look at a map of The Episcopal Church and make a
list of the dioceses and locations that look to you to be the most
desirable. See http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/provinces.jpg

Next take your list and check out how the bishop and the deputies from each
of those dioceses voted on the two main bellwether issues of lgbt at General
Convention in 2009. See http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/d025_c056.html.

Sort your list by the dioceses that seem most to least favorable. Then look
up my records on the bishops of each of those, at
http://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~lcrew/bishops/. My page on each bishop links
to the bishop's diocesan website. Read widely on how the website presents
the bishop....

You'll miss most of what you need to learn if I do that work for you.. When
you have 5-10 dioceses that seem most desirable, I will be glad to speak
with you over the phone about them.

Best wishes.

Louie

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, E. Orange, NJ 07018 973-395-1068