From: Barack Obama
To: Louie Crew
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 2:39 PM
Subject: Louie, it's time to commit to vote

Louie --

Eighteen years ago, shortly after graduating from law school, I
helped lead a voter registration campaign in Chicago that
generated record turnout on Election Day.

That experience taught me one of the most important lessons I
ever learned as a community organizer: When people promise that
they'll do something -- like voting -- they are far more likely
to do it.

That's why one key part of our Vote 2010 plan this year is to
get folks like you from across the country to commit to vote,
to make sure we get as many people as we can to cast their
ballots this fall.

But getting the commitments we need starts with your own
promise to make it to the polls and cast your ballot.

Will you please commit to vote in the 2010 elections?

Over the next 82 days, volunteers across the country will spend
countless hours calling voters and knocking on their doors,
asking them the same question.

And you can bet that I am counting on you to join them in
talking to voters in your community.

This election offers a stark choice. We Democrats are hard at
work trying to move America forward, repairing a decade of
damage and growing an economy based on the Main Street values
of hard work and responsibility.

We've fought for and won historic reforms to our health care
system, a victory 100 years in the making, and to Wall Street,
the most sweeping overhaul of the financial system since the
Great Depression.

But after years of policies that landed us in the worst
recession since the 1930's, the Republicans who got us there
have not come up with anything different from the policies of
George W. Bush.

We simply cannot afford to go backwards or let them repeal our
reforms. And making sure we can continue moving forward starts
with your own promise to cast your ballot in these elections.

Please commit to vote this fall:

http://my.barackobama.com/Commitment

Thank you,

President Barack Obama

Paid for by Organizing for America, a project of the Democratic
National Committee -- 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington,
D.C. 20003. This communication is not authorized by any
candidate or candidate's committee.

This email was sent to: lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu

Change Email Address | Unsubscribe

[obama08_footer.jpg]