Re: The Guardian: The covenant is a waste of time and money

Thank you for writing to me, dear Bishop Obetia.

I agree that we should not follow Christ on our own terms, but on God's
terms.   I agree that the church without discipline is a church without a
Lord and savior.   I agree that we are to make disciples, not Anglicans.

God called me, as God calls all, out of darkness into light.  I never
thought anyone beside my parents could love me, yet discovered that God
loves me, and not me only, but the whole world.   My message has never been
that gays are good, but that God is good, and God's mercy endures forever.

I wish that you were not far away.   I wish that you could come and dine
with  my husband Ernest and me, as Jesus dined with publicans and sinners.
You would not find us saints, but you would find us changed.   We would
share living water from Samaritan wells.

God bless and keep you.  God lift up His countenance upon you and be
gracious unto you.    God give you peace.

Louie

Louie Crew, PhD, DD, DD, DHL
Emeritus professor at Rutgers:  The State University of New Jersey
Co-Chair of the Newark deputation to General Convention

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joel Obetia" <jobetia@yahoo.com>