[HoB/D] Canon Rodney Hunter murdered by persons unknown, court

  • To: "HoB/D" <bishopsdeputies@hobd.org>
  • Subject: [HoB/D] Canon Rodney Hunter murdered by persons unknown, court
  • From: Louie Crew <lcrew@andromeda.rutgers.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 12:32:54 -0500
  • finds: The Church of England Newspaper, Dec 3, 2010 p 7.
  • Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 12:21 PM

[As corrected on December 5, 2010. -- LC]

In the CHURCH OF ENGLAND NEWSPAPER George Conger reports the acquittal of
the cook alleged to have murdered his employer, Canon Rodney Hunter,
Anglican missionary in Malawi.  Conger says, "The subsequent arrest and
murder trial of Leonard Mondoma [the cook] spawned fierce emotions and
quickly became enmeshed in the Anglican Communions wars over
homosexuality."  See Conger's full report:  http://tinyurl.com/2ek9fcb

See also the report in Malawi newspaper NYASA TIMES, which does not mention
homosexuality:  http://tinyurl.com/2639vo8.

Back in February, Anglican-Information (another source from Central
Africa) demonstrated how people on all sides of almost any issue in
Central Africa win points in accusing their opponents of being pro-gay  --
http://tinyurl.com/2c6mh3l.

My friend Paul Woodrum+ opines:  "Now this sounds like good, old fashioned
religion as in the  age of the  Borgia's, for example. No namby-pamby
American style stuff in Malawi."

Just as surely as Canon Hunter was poisoned, heterosexism and homophobia
have poisoned much of the Communion.

Louie, L1 (2009) Newark

Louie Crew, 377 S. Harrison St., 12D, East Orange, NJ 07018. 973-395-1068