Polity & Structure
House of Deputies
House of Bishops
and dioceses of the Anglican Communion
377 S. Harrison Street, 12D
East Orange, NJ 07018
Phone: 862-520-7499 h
the guestbook and
Louie & Ernest Clay-Crew
series of essays in the Episcopal Church
Geoff Curtiss and Marge Christie, both colleagues on the Newark
deputation, have pointed out to me a dangerous mistake on page 847 of the
Book of Common Prayer:
"Question: What response did God require from the chosen people? Answer: God required the chosen people to be faithful; to love justice, to do mercy, and to walk humbly with their God." That's not what Scripture says:
"He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love mercy,
and to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8)
God is calling us to do justice and love mercy. It is easier to love justice than to do it; it is easier to be merciful
than to love mercy. -- Lutibelle/Louie
Note: Items are in reverse chronology of their being posted here, the
most recent items coming first.
- What To Do When a Samaritan Crashes the Christmas
Party. by The Rev. Michael W. Hopkins
- The Armies of the Righteous Are Once Again Girding
Themselves for Battle -- Trinity XVIII -- 2011. By David B. Taylor
- I Think That's What It Takes: A Matthew Shepard
Sermon by The Rev. Dr. Derek Penwell.
- Sermon for the funeral of Adrian Gupton. By the
Rev. J. Carr Holland
- Letter from Professor John Poynter to Secretary of
State Hon. Hillary Rodham Clinton Re: David Kato .
- The Big Bang, The Baptism of Jesus, and the new
Creation by the Rev. Joseph Summers.
- Compassion Struggling with the Law. By the Rev.
J. Carr Holland
- Freedom to Love. By Ms. Lee Cheek.
- Are Homosexuals Not to Receive the Kingdom of God? By Guy S. Johnson.
- So I need the language of the lament. By The
Rev. Clare Fischer-Davies
- A Loudspeaker, a Bullhorn, a Whisper. By The
Rev. Dr. Tim Vivian
- Inside Out and Upside Down. By The Rev. R. William Carroll
- I Have Wrestled with God! . By The Rev. J. Michael
- Making the People of God. By
The Rev. Perren Hayes
- A Blazing Row. By David B. Taylor
- The Bread of Life. A homily at the ordination of
The Rev. Peggy Bryan by the Rev. Ernest Cockrell
- The 1991 Sexuality Debate at General Convention. By
Pat Waddell (El Camino Real) with input from Jane Garrison+ (Vermont) -- the first two lgbt deputies to come out at General Convention. They were already out to their dioceses before they were elected. Note: this is a pdf file and requires a pdf reader, such
- A homily at the Requiem for John Maurice Gessell . By The Rev. John Lane Denson.
- A Modest Proposal. By the Rt. Rev. Douglas Theuner, Retired Bishop of New Hampshire
- In His Right Mind, At Last. By the Rev. Blake Rider
- Wonderings of an American Anglican on the Cusp of the
21st Century. By the Rt. Rev. Douglas Theuner, Retired Bishop of New Hampshire
- Beyond Anglo-Saxism. By the Rt. Rev. Douglas
Theuner, Retired Bishop of New Hampshire
- Change: Loss or Freedom?. By The Rev. Vicki
Mouradian. This is an audio stream (17 minutes) of a sermon preached at
St. Bede's in Los Angeles, on June 13, 2010
- Responding to the ++ABC. By the Rev. Michael
- To a Young Man from an Old One. By Larry Graham
- Sermon for Affirmation Scotland -- 23 May 2010 . By The Rev. Kelvin Holdsworth, Provost of St. Mary's Cathedral, Glasgow. If
Kevlin Holdsworth were a part of the Church of Scotland (Presbyterian), he
would be gagged and not allowed to preach this sertmon, but he's a member
of the Scottish Episcopal Church (Anglican) and able to live into the
claim that Presbyterians make but deny to themselves, namely, "Man's chief
end is to glorify God and to enjoy him forever"!
- Impressions of the Consecration of +Mary Glasspool.
By John Poynter
- God's Revolution. By The Rev. R. William Carroll
- Dancing in the Temple. Rt. Rev. Gene Robinson
speaks at the Cathedral of Hope.
- Wise Men, a Wedding, and Consents. By The Rev.
- An Update on Haiti by The Rev. Kesner Ajax.
January 23, 2010 .
- The Communion of Saints. A recording of Louie
Crew's sermon at All Saints in Columbus, OH, on All Saints 2009.
- A Manifesto: The Time Has Come!. By Rt. Rev.
John S. Spong
- What I Believe. By Very Rev. Thomas Luck
- A Homily for the Celebration of a Marriage
. By the Rev. Sam Portaro
- "I Have a Dream". By the Rev. Ed Lundin
- Why Do We Have This Special Charism? . By The Rev. Peter Carey.
- A Biblical Love Triangle. By The Rev. John Kirkley.
- Sex and the Sins of the Fathers: Fertility Religion
versus Human Rights. By Marilyn McCord Adams, Regius Professor of
Divinity & Canon of Christ Church, Christ Church, Oxford
- The Church of the Cowardly Lion: Time for a Transplant! . By Clark West
- An Open Letter to the Theology Committee of the House
of Bishops . By Christopher Evans, ObSB
- A Highly Dramatic Time. By The Rev. Peter Keese.
- A Litany for Healing Homophobia. By
The Rev. Joseph A. Harmon
- Broken Windows. By The Rev. Terry Pannell.
- Homosexuality and the Episcopal Church (1976-2007)
. Bill Moyers Journal
- God's World Within Our World. By the Rev. James
- Opening Prayer to Kick Off Inaugural Events of
President Barack Obama. By Rt. Rev. Gene Robinson, Bishop of New
- The Last Word: Reflections on Four and A Half
Decades of Ordained Ministry. By
Canon Richard T. Nolan
- At the Nationwide Protest Against Proposition 8
On the steps of City Hall in Napa, California
Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 10:30 AM PST
. By Gregg DesElms.
- Matthew Shepard Day Sermon
. By By Jordan Goldwarg.
- A Liberation of Love. By the Rev. Terry
- On Lambeth. By The Rev. William Coats.
- Circles: A Meditation on the Eve of Lambeth, by Lawrence L. Graham.
- Pride. A sermon by the Rev. Canon John Rettger,
St. Mark's Cathedral, Minneapolis, MN
- Anglican Covenant - a bad idea whose time has come?.
By Dr. Wayne Whitson Floyd, Education Program Manager, The Alban Institute
- The Gay Challenge and Charismatic Episcopalians. By
the Rev. Canon Gray Temple
- God Shows No Partiality. By Corey Spence
- Most Reverend and Dear Archbishop Williams. The
8th Bishop of New Hampshire writes about the exclusion of the 9th Bishop of
New Hampshire from Lambeth 2008.
- Hearing the Stone Rolling Away from our Tombs.
Venerable Kelvin Holdsworth, Provost of St. Mary's Cathedral, Glasgow
- An Open Letter. By the Rev. Dr. Gayle Baldwin.
- Along the Way to Market to Buy a Fag Pig. By The Rev. Christopher Hofer, C1 from
Long Island in 2009
- Fruit of the Light. By Barbi Click
- Out of the Darkness. A sermon by Jeff
- Holy Irrelevant? The Church and LGBT Affirmation - A
sermon preached at Trinity College, Dublin, by The Rev. Colin Coward, The director of Changing Attitude in the U.K.
- Magi, TEC, and the Anglican Communion>. By the Rev.
John Hartnett. St. Elizabeth's in Ridgewood, NJ
- A Child of God: Why I Believe the General Convention
Should Rescind B033 and Authorize Rites for the Blessing of Same Sex Unions. By the Rev. Warner Traynham
- Orthodoxy and Trust: A Plea to Rowan Williams.
By Clark West.
- Into a Dark Night in a Dark Time. By The Rev. James
- Epiphany 2008. By David B. Taylor
- What's In and What's Out in 2008 for The Episcopal
Church . By the Rev. Robert Russell Smith
- Trials: The Episcopal Church VS. Cana.
By Robert L. McCan, Ph.D.
- My Gay Grandpa Paul: 'I've got his blood inside my
veins'. By Clark West.
- Matthew Shepard Memorial Sermon – October 7, 2007. By Nathaniel Brown
- And a Little Child Shall Lead Them. By Clark
West, child abuse.
- A Reflection in a Hard Time. By The Rev. Craig
- The Great Betrayal - Rowan Williams and the end of
the Anglican Communion as we know it. By Nigel J. Taber-Hamilton. See
also the letter of the Archbishop of Canterbury to
the Bishop of Central Florida to which Father Taber-Hamilton responds.
- A Proposal for the Anglican Communion Getting a Divorce AND Staying at the Table. By Clark West
- An Open Letter to the Gay Community. By Bishop
- Sinning Aagainst the Holy Spirit. By The
Reverend Canon Marilyn McCord Adams
- A Quiz for the Bishops of the Episcopal Church.
By The Rev. Paul Woodrum
- JSC Report Is Released. By Rt. Rev. Catherine
- Harry's Dinner with Katharine. By Father Jake
- A Way Forward and a Huge Missed Opportunity. By
- Honestly! By the Rev. Harry T. Cook
- Impressions from the Week of the Bishops. by The Ven.
- Response to the House of Bishops Statement from New
Orleans. By The Rev. Barry M. Signorelli
- My word to the church. By The Rev. R. William
Carroll in response to the House of Bishops statement from New Orleans
- Are We They?. By Deniray Mueller
- I Drive Home. By The Rev. Dr. James Bradley
- Williams: The Voice of the Ages. By The Rev.
- A Prayer for Senator Larry Craig. By James E.
McGreevey in the Washington Post
- Anglican Communion Constitution: Relation to Current Disputes.
By The Rev. Canon Robert Brooks.
- Blue-Eyed Devil. By Gordon W. Gritter.
- Louie Responds to "Reality Check". By Louie
- The Limitations of Like Minds. By The Rev.
- And They Morph Again... . By Katie Sherrod. A
report of the July 30-31 meeting of the Anglican Communion Network.
- Bishop Kelsey's Mantle . By The Rev. John
- Canterbury: Necessary or Not?. By the Rev. Mark
- Memories of Bishop Pike. Compiled by The Rev. William
B. Easter. Reflections by Ms Amy Abercrombie The Revd Robert Brueckner, The Revd Dr Kenneth R. Clark, The Revd James R. Crowder, Mr Richard W. Ditewig, The Revd George H. Easter, The Revd William B. Easter, Ms Jean M. Hayden, The Rev. Robert B. Hedges, Mr Rockwood Jenkins, The Revd John W. Parker, The Reverend Jay R. Pierce, The Revd John F. Smith, The Rt Revd Morgan Porteus, The Revd Dr Christopher S. Rubel, The Right Revd R. Stewart Wood, Jr., Ms Jeanette Renouf, D.Min., Ph.D., Mr Lou S. Schoen, The Revd William S. Wade, and The Revd Tom Woodward
- Charity versus Obedience. By David B.
- What Is It, and Is It Worth It? By Deniray
- A letter to The Rev. Bill Terry, Rector of St. Anna's
in New Orleans. By Louie Crew
- A letter to the Nigerian Church from an Episcopal
priest. By the Rev. Holly Lyman Antolini.
- The Anglican Covenant Process and the Theological
Ethics of Committed Same-Sex Partnerships. By Rt. Rev. David Russell,
Bishop of Grahamstown, SA (Retired)
- The Lambeth Invitational Gulp! Tournament. By
the Rev. Robert Russell Smith
- Standing with +Gene. By Lee Clark
- Davis Mac-Iyalla's Visit to Athens, Ohio. By
Ilona Carlson, 15-years-old.
- The Anglican Church of Canada towards schism
Or Genuine Traditional Anglicans' Reclaiming Orthodox Christiandome. By
The Rev. J. C. Martin, Rector, St. Jose de Gracia Cathedral, Mexico
- Regarding the Decision Not Include the Rt. Rev. Gene
Robinson. By the Rt. Rev. John Bryson Chane, Bishop of Washington
- The Most Noxious Point of the Windsor Report Becomes
Reality. By the Rt. Rev. Marc Andrus, Bishop of California
- I would not go to Lambeth: Would you? By the
Rev. R. William Carroll
- The Gospel Agenda. By The Rev Susan Buchanan.
Note: This reflection received an "Award of Excellence" from the Episcopal
Communicators annual conference in the category of Theological Reflection.
- Response to the Canadian House of Bishops' Statement
. By the Rev. Canon Rod Gillis, St. James, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Report of the House of Bishops' Task Force on
- Stay in the City>. By Rt. Rev. Richard Shimpfky
- Jesus' Family Values. By Deirdre Good
- Leaven in the Lump of Lambeth. By The Rev.
Marilyn McCord Adams, Regius Professor of Divinity, Oxford, Canon of Christ
- The Episcopal Church: A Half Century of Turmoil and
Transformation. Rt. Rev. Arthur E. Walmsley at the Whole Message
Conference, Ottawa, 14 April.
- If we are 'demoted to a second tier in the Anglican
Communion,' who cares?. By the Rev. Susan Fortunato.
- The "Communion" Afterthought. By Sarah Dylan
- A gentle call to stay strong. By Most Rev.
Michael Peers, Retired Archbishop of Canada, in the Toronto Star
April 14, 2007
- Sex and Christianity: Re-Thinking the Relationship. By Rt. Rev. Michael Ingham, Bishop of New Westminster, Anglican Church of
- On Class Fairies and Resurrection. By The Rev.
- The Michelson-Morley Experiment and the Experience of
Gay and Lesbian Christians. By Very Rev. Nick Knisely
- A New Thing. By Deacon Timothy E. Ervolina
- A Letter to the Archbishop of Canterbury. By the Rev. Katherine M. Glenn.
- Responses to the Communiqué from the Primates meeting in Tanzania
- Base Two. By The Rev. Dan Martins
- An Open Letter to the Archbishop of Canterbury
Regarding Requests for "Alternative Primatial Oversight".
- Where Have All the Christians Gone?. By Rt. Rev.
Pierre Whalon, courtesy of anglicansonline
- Father Matthew on Christian Unity. A youtube
- An Open Letter to the Archbishop of Canterbury.
By Jeff Martinhauk.
- Address to the Convention of the Diocese of North
Carolina. By Rt. Rev. Michael Curry. 1 hour and 15 minutes of
streaming audio. Hold on to your seat.
- AMiA has BHAG... but it will pass.. By the Rev.
- What an Awesome Day to Become a Priest!. Rt. Rev.
Michael Ingham, Bishop of New Westminster
- Nothing Will Be Lost. By Tobias Stanislas Haller
- You are not far from the Kingdom of God. By
- Dorcas House Thanksgiving. A youtube video (8:32
minutes) of a project of the Diocese and cathedral of San Diego to serve
children of prisoners in Tiajuana.
- Enough: it is time to move on. By the Rev. Mark
- If the Pope can go to Turkey, Can the ABC go to
Texas? By the Rt. Rev. Paul Marshall.
- Double-Crossers. By The Rev. Lane Denson
- An argument based in Holy Scripture and/or the unbroken tradition of the Church for blessing same sex unions or ordaining men or women involved in them. By The Rev. Susan Russell
- Episcopal Church: A Question. A youtube
presentation by The Rev. Mark Harris
- Honoring Boldness, Courage, and Open Brave Action. By The Rev. Mary Goshert
- What's In and What's Out in 2007 for
the Episcopal Church. By The Rev. Robert Russell Smith
- How "Historic" Are Truro Church and The Falls Church?. By Joan R. Gundersen, Ph.D.
- The Truth Be Told, We... By The Rev. James B. Shumard
- God Welcomes All People: Reply to Cal Thomas
. By The Rev. Dr. R. William Carroll
- Let Justice Ross. By The Rev. Dr. R. William
- Twee Faders. Kinderen voor Kinderen song - Two
- The Authority of the Bible. By David B. Taylor
- The World Is Flat. The Bible Says So. By Larry
- Who Is Outside Our Circle. By The Rev. Wm. Blake Rider
- The Vox Crying in the Wilderness. By The Rev.
- Pulling Off One of Life's Little Miracles: A
Sacramental Wedding. By The Rev. Phillip Dana Wilson
- Mickey Mouse's Dog No Longer a Planet. By The
Rev. Lane G. Hensley
- ALPO: Some questions heard around the church and my responses . By E. Kim Byham
- Waging Fragmentation. By Daniel J. Webster
- Some Hard Choices to Make. By Dr. Mike Homfray
- A Place at the Table. By Very Rev. Ronald H.
- The Hijacking. By The Rev. Donald P. Goodheart.
- 'Episcopal Majority' Blogspot.
- General Convention 2006: Its Response to the Requests of the Windsor Report, and Subsequent Reaction . By Charles Walthall
- Don't Call Them Conservatives. By Teresa
- Verge of Jordan: Christian Paolino's Blog.
- Lisa Fox's 'My Manner of Life' Blog.
- A Point of No Return for the Episcopal Church in the
USA. By Charles V. Willie, PhD
- My Manner of Life Presents a Challenge to the Wider
Church. By The Rev. Robert R. Smith
- An Address to the American House of Bishops. By
David B. Taylor
- A Meditation on What Went Wrong in Columbus.
By The Rev. Peter Carey
- Impressions of a First-Time Visitor to General
Convention by Robert L. McCan, Ph.D.
- A Christian’s School Unchristian Act and the
Newspaper’s Failure to Report the News – Only in Texas?
. By Kim McLaughlin
- A Manifesto. By the Rev. William R. Coats
- Marriages and Anniversaries. By the Rev. Lowell
- The courage and the vision to be the GC of the
Episcopal Church in the United States of America.
By The Rev. Roger Ard
- Is Opting Out What Jesus Wants? By the Rev.
- A cancer of anger, fear, intimidation or (worse yet) separation. By The Rev. Frederick E. Mann
- Singing Different Words to the Same Music: A Response to General Convention.. By the Rev. Phillip Dana Wilson
- How to live with the Archbishop's lack of clarity
. By the Rev. Stephen Gerth.
- Help with Tomorrow's Sermon. By James Edward
- What should have happened: a Swiftian catena. By
the Rev. Tobias S. Haller, BSG
- The Other Side of Life with Jesus. By the Rev.
Terry R. Pannell
- 20 Reasons for Not Leaving the Episcopal Church. By
the Rev. Canon Paul Edwards [Require a pdf reader, such as Acrobat]
- Teacher, the storm is raging. Don't you care?. By
the Rev. Sheila N. McJilton
- Presentation to the 75th General Convention. By
the Rev. Sandye A. Wilson
- The Summative History of the Episcopal Church
Policies Regarding Slavery and Segregation. By Biswajit Pierce, edited
and presented by Clarence Bolden
Deputy, Diocese of Alaska 2003, 2006
- 'Mere Expediency Will Serve No
One': A Response to the Bishop of Exeter. By the Rev. Michael
- James Alison, Scapegoats, Class Fairies, & God. By
- Why I Still Care About the Anglican Communion. By
the Rev. Professor Ian Douglas
- Saving Anglicanism. By Dr. Lionel Deimel
- The Witness Magazine Special GC Feature: Presiding Bishop Nominees Interviewed. By Louie Crew
real danger to the Anglican Communion is our arrogance. By the Rev. Nick Knisely
- PEP Issues Guide to General Convention 2006
- Authorize Use of Marriage Rite in Book of Common
Prayer for Same-Sex Couples. A resolution to be submitted to General
Convention 2006 by Louie Crew, Chair of the Newark deputation.
- Reflections on the Bishop Walkabouts. By the
Rev. John Kirkley [Diocese of California]
- Following the Money. By Jim Naughton, Diocese of
Washington. "When the General Convention of the Episcopal Church meets
next month in Columbus, Ohio, a small network of theologically conservative
organizations will be on hand to warn deputies that they must repent of
their liberal attitudes on homosexuality or face serious consequences. The
groups represent a small minority of church members, but relationships with
wealthy American donors and powerful African bishops have made them key
players in the fight for the future of the Anglican Communion...."
- It's Like This…I Just Wanted You to Know…. The 20th Anniversary Sermon of The Rev. Deven Hubert
- O Lord, you have enticed me: A sermon for Good
Friday, by the Rev. Bill Carroll
- There's nothing "Anglican" about the Anglican
Communion any more…. By The Rev. Dr. James Bradley
- You Will Find Him in Galilee: An Easter Sermon . By the Rev. Paul
- Discerning the Body: A Maundy Thursday Homily. By
the Rev. John L. Kirkley
- Dr Langrish's Dubious Errand: A Reflection. By
David Bruce Taylor
- A Pastoral Letter TO the House of Bishops.
By Marcia Blake
- What Makes Us Anglican. By the Rev. John-Julian,
- A Novel Outcome for Lent . By The Rev. Michael
- A Good Friday Sermon from 2005 that speaks to
anxieties still lingering. By Rt. Rev. William Swing, Bishop of
- WWJD about Consensus?. By the Rev. Nigel
- Time for a Columbus Tea Party?. By the Rev.
Winnie Varghese on the site of Oasis California
- A Gospel of Intolerance. By Rt. Rev. John Chane,
Bishop of Washington
- With Bishop Desmond Tutu in Haiti. By Louie
- The Bishop of Bangor , the Right Revd Anthony
Crockett, responds to Dr Andrew Goddard's article on the recent statements
of the Bishops of the Church in Wales.
- Who (or What) Caused the Decline in Membership in The
Episcopal Church? By the Rev. William R. Coats
- Thank God for Christmas!. By the Rev. Ernest
- On the Importance of Marriage. By Jack Taylor.
- Celebrating 50 Years. Sermon by Very Rev. James
Kowalski, Dean of the Cathdral of St. John the Divine, on the occasion of
the 50th anniversary of marriege of The Rev. Canon Richard Nolan and Robert
C. Pingpank. Click here to access the service leaflet.
- Keep Awake: Loving Kindness is at the Door. By
the Rev. Mark Harris
- Our Unbloody Sacrifice: A Way Forward Together Through The Via Negativa. By. W. Christopher Evans
- The IRS Goes to Church. By the Rev. Ed Bacon,
Rector of All Saints in Pasadena
- Reflections on Rosa Parks and the Iraq War . By
the Rev. Bill Carroll
- Simulacrums and Simulations in Recife. By Dr. Jaci Maraschin
- Stanley Hauerwas and the Iraq War: Did he tell us
so? By The Rev. Richard Wrede
- Still in Darkness. By the Rev. Canon Robert
Gage, Precentor of Wakefield Cathedral
- Rt. Rev. Joe Doss's Exchange with Senator Edward
Kennedy. Regarding the devastation on the Gulf Coast
- A Horribly Good Little Boy. By The Revd. J.
- Making Room for Love. By the Rev. Terry Pannell.
- Akinola the Pope? Letters by Bishop Jubal Neves, Bishop of
Southwestern Brazil; Archbishop Peter Akinola, Primate of All Nigerial; and Archbishop Orlando Santos de Oliveira, Primate of Brazil.
- In Ten Days. By The Rev. James L. Walker
- Vacation confessions of a PMT. By The Rev. Elizabeth M. Kaeton
- Gay Life Transfigured: What Would It Look Like?. By the Rev. Canon Richard T. Nolan
- Is God Still Calling? The Ancient Church in the Post-Modern World. By Lydia Evans
- A Modest Proposal. By Lisa Fox.
- On the Island of Silence. By The Rev. Tobias S.
- An Independence Day Homily. By The Rev. Bill
- Unbinding God. By The Rev. John Kirkley
- An Open Letter to the House of Bishops, Episcopal Church USA . By The Reverend Bradford G. Whitaker
- The Gospel as the unique witness of Jesus to the heart and longing of God for all people. By Rt. Rev. Cate Waynick
- The Difference Between the Idea and Actually Seeing. By the Rev. John
- What Does It Mean to be Christian? By the Rev.
Phillip Dana Wilson
- Emerging Corporate Megalomania. By the Rev. Mark Harris
- An Ontological Argument. By The Rev. Susan Russell
- Church, It Is Time to Move On. By the Rev.
Michael W. Hopkins at Evensong for the Anglican Communion.
- Groucho Marx Baptized as an Episcopalian. By The
Rev. Bob Smith
- Tobias Haller's Blogspot .
- Andrew Gerns' Blogspot.
- How Episcopalians Discern God's Will. By E. Kim
- An Episcopalian speaks to the Anglican Consultative
By The Rev. C Nigel J. Taber-Hamilton
- When Resurrection Is Not What We Expect. By The
Rev. Susan Russell
- A Tangible Proclamation of Our Hope. By The Rev.
J. Carr Holland.
- Annunciation. By The Rev. Bill Carroll. It also
includes a reflection on April 4, 1968.
- The Schiavo Case: What's So Wrong with Dying? by Robert Corin Morris
- What Can You Expect?. An Easter reflection by
the Bishop of New Hampshire, in The Witness
- A Contest Between the Normalcy of Civilization and the Reign of God By The Rev. John L. Kirkley
- A Parable. By the Rev. Canon Christopher Hall
- Our Growing Impasse: A Political Science Perspective. By The Rev. Andrew T. Gerns
- Anglicanism: A Church Under Canterbury, or a Communion with Many National Churches? By The Rev. William Coats
- Imagine What Might Be. By Kate Bishop
- An Invitation to Fall in Love with Jesus. By The
Rev. Willa Goodfellow
- Some Historical Realities. By The Rev. Edward J.
- This Past Year. By Rowan Williams.
- A Pastoral Letter. From the Right Reverend Dean
Elliott Wolfe IX Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas, regarding the
departure of Christ Church in Overland Park
- Eucharist. By Gordon W. Gritter, MD
- Why the so called crisis in the Anglican Communion is
no crisis of mine. By the Rev. Mark Harris
- Who's Coming to Dinner? By the Rev. Stephen
Gerth, Rector of St. Mary the Virgin, Manhattan, NYC, NY
- Taking Back Christianity. By the Rev. Canon
Lesley Northup, St. Steven's Episcopal Church in Coconut Grove, Florida
- The Case of the Windsor Report Considered:
Innovation-Diffusion Considerations for Crafting an Episcopal Church
Response to the Windsor Report. By the Rev. Dr. John T. Sorensen.
Note well: This is a PDF document and requires Acrobat Reader.
- Toward a Christian Ethic for Same-Sex Marriage. By Dr. Robert L. McCan
- Report of the Task Force on the Blessing of Persons Living in Same-Gender
Relationships. From the Diocese of Vermont. Note well: It is in PDF format and requires Acrobat
- A Commission to Study Reparation for Slavery. Resolution passed by the
Episcopal Urban Caucus, February 25, 2005
- At Jacob's Well. By the Rev. Kelvin Holdsworth
- Irish Anglican Consultative Council (ACC) members comment on recent devlopments in the
- Making Lemonade. By the Rev. Paula M. Jackson
- Response of the Diocese of Newark to the Windsor Report.
- Comments on "The Windsor Report" By House of Bishops, Nippon Sei Ko Kai.
- Listening to and engaging in dialogue with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Anglicans. By the Rev. Colin Coward
- Living Together For Mission. By Rt. Rev. Stacy
- Toward Genuine Conversation:
On Radner’s Response to Russell
. By The Rev. Bill Carroll
- When Unity Becomes an Obstacle to Communion. By
the Rev. Michael W. Hopkins
- Spring and Love are in Bloom in the Old Country. By
- Fort Worth Via Media Writes the Windsor Group.
- A Scottish Response to the Windsor Report.
- Responses to the Windsor Report. By Inclusive
- Recommendations for responding to the Windsor Report. By Changing Attitude (Britain)
- Broken Promises Result in Broken Communion. By
The Rev. Michael W. Hopkins
- A California Yankee in King Arthur’s Communion. By the Rev. Susan Russell.
- Response to the Windsor Report. Published by the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement (UK)
- The Beatitudes and the Windsor Report. By the
Rev. Ruth Innes.
- Reflections on the Windsor Report. By the Rt.
Rev. Ann Tottenham.
- Who Am I That I Should Go?. By Bruce Garner
- The Birth Process. By Rt. Rev. Otis Charles.
- A Response to the Windsor Report. By the Rev.
Susanne Watson Epting
- Understanding What is and What Must Be?
Responding to the Windsor Report
. By Fr. John-Julian, OJN
Be sure to see Fr. John-Julian's addendum added on January
- Anglican Complicity in the Genocide in Rwanda
And Lessons for the Anglican Communion Today. By Kim Byham
- Let Us Now Praise Famous Persons: A Challenge to Our
Winter Reality. By The Rev. John Rettger
- Who's in charge: Judging the Scriptures. By The
Rev. Tobias Haller
- While Our Ecclesial Institutions Figure This All Out. By Christopher Evans
- Christ the King by the Rev. Bill Carroll
- The Interdependency of the Created Order by The
Rev. Canon Michael Wyatt
- Sermon preached on the 220th Anniversary of the
Consecration of Samuel Seabury
by The Most Reverend Bruce Cameron, Bishop of Aberdeen and Orkney, Primus
- What Will We Have? In The Witness Magazine
Very Rev. Tracey Lind asks whether lesbigays should stay in the church.
- The Windsor Knot by The Rev. Tobias Stanislas
- Bruce Garner's Acceptance Speech for
the "Faith in Action" Award . The award was the first of its kind presented
by Atlanta Interfaith AIDS Network.
- Talking Past Each Other. By John S. Morgan
- Tension Headaches. By Christopher Evans
- Subsidiarity. By the Very Rev. Canon Jim Newman
- We Agree Different by The Rev. Canon Dr. Neal O.
- Affection and Affiliation. By Very Rev. Scott Richardson, Dean of St. Paul's Cathedral, San Diego, CA
- The Windsor Report.
- Holy Scripture and the Consecration of Gene Robinson. By The Rev. Jeffrey Krantz
- Calling All Couples to Live by Biblical Values. By
the Rev. David Klutterman
- A Sermon for Social Justice Sunday. By Valori Sherer
- The Lowest Place. By The Rev. Bill Carroll
- The Gift of Brothers and Sisters Who Differ From Us. By The Rev. Bill Carroll
- In the Still of the Night. By The Rev. Canon
- Tested with Fire. By The Rev. Tobias Stanislas
- Salty Vicar Questions Frank Griswold.
- Bishops' Warfare. By John S. Morgan.
- Mother Goose's Preparations for October 18, 2004 .
- A Modest Proposal. By Michael Witmer, Esq.
- Questions. By the Rev. John Rettger
- Faithful in a Little. By The Rev. John Kirkley
- A Famine of Hearing the Words of the Lord. By
The Rev. J. Carr Holland
- What's in a Name? by The Rev. Canon Mark Harris:
On the Matter of the Archbishop of Canterbury naming, suggesting or
otherwise initiating the Network of Anglican Communion Dioceses and
On September 17, 2004, Canon Harris corrected/updated this earlier (see the bottom half of
- The Cost of Discipleship. By the Rev. Susan
- Exposición Del Obisop Sobre Las Razones en el
Consentimento al Canonigo Robinson en la 74ta. Convencion General de ECUSA. By Rt. Rev. David Andrés Alvarez, Bishop of Puerto Rico
- Gospel Echoes of the Strife. By Victoria Mouradian
- A Message to the Emmanuel Community
. Signed by the leadership of Emmanuel/Boston
- Politics & Divisions. By the Rev. Thomas B. Woodward
- Biblical Orthodoxy. By The Rev. Susan Russell.
- St. Mary the Virgin. By The Rev. Deacon Jim Flowers
- One pilgrim's report from Hayneville, pop. 969, seat of Lowndes County
Alabama. By Louie Crew
- The Freeing of Anglican Identities A Proposal Submitted to The Eames Commission. By The Reverend Dr. Lorraine Cavanagh, Cardiff University Anglican Chaplain. Note: This document is in pdf format and
requires Acrobat Reader.
- An appeal to the Bishops of the West supporting the Bishops of the Global
South. By The Rev. Deacon Richard Kirker,
General secretary of the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement
A Submission to the Lambeth Commission. By W. Christopher Evans
- Whose Is the Episcopal Church?. By David Cook
- A Submission to the Lambeth Commission By Via
- A Submission to the Lambeth Commission. By Very Rev. Tom Woodward
- The Church Is Afraid to Teach How to Become Transformed
. By The Rev. Paul Edwards
- Unlikely Heroes
. By Terry Pannell
- "Equal Rites for Women: A History of the Ordination of Women in the Episcopal Church by Jennifer Sinclair. [Note: this report
requires Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other program that will read PDF
files. Click here to visit the report more
directly rather than through my headers. -- LC]
- Some Thoughts on Cognitive Development and the State of the Church. By David Cook
- Further Reflections on Homosexuality, Christian Faith and the Church.
By The Rt. Rev'd Terry Brown
Bishop of Malaita, Church of the Province of Melanesia
- What then will this child become?
by The Rev. Elizabeth Kaeton
- Eunichs, Lesbians, and Others Cast Out By Lori Sbordone Rizzo
- Modern Demoniacs
by the Rev. John Kirkley
- A Melanesian Reflection. By Rt. Dr. Rev. Terry Brown
Bishop of Malaita, Church of the Province of Melanesia
- Review of Byrne Fone's Homophobia: A History by Edward J.
- An open letter from the Most Reverend Martín Barahona, the Diocesan
Bishop of El Salvador and Primate of the Anglican Church of the Central Region of America
- A Short Diatribe on Anglican Biblical Interpretation. By The Rev.
- Questions Regarding Realignment, Etc., in the Episcopal Church. By the Rev. Canon Mark Harris
- A Visit to Israel. By The Rev. Dr. Ronald H. Miller
- Easter Day Sermon. By Rt. Rev. William Swing, Bishop of
- Dear +Tom. The Rev. Professor Carter Heyward writes to Rt. Rev.
Tom Shaw, Bishop of Massachusetts>
- 'Dear Canon Roseberry.' A letter by Carla and Doug Kerr. They
inquire about pastoral oversight for liberals in Network dioceses.
- Uncertainty and Disturbance in Our Church: Two Sons. By The Rev. John Rettger
- Homosexuality in a Trinitarian Context. By The Rev. William R. Coats
- Letter to The Rev. Thomas R. Finnie, Diocese of Pittsburgh
. By Jennifer Sinclair
- Re: Kevin Martin's The Future of the Episcopal Church -- A Hard Look at
the Numbers. By Bruce Ford
- The State of the Church: In Times of Disquietude.
By The Rt. Rev. William Lawrence
- Open Heart Surgery Required for All Christians. By
The Rev. Dr. Ruth Bradbury LaMonte
- Christianity and Homosexuality. By Dr. Steven Schäufele, Soochow University Taipei 11102, Taiwan
- Fare Forward: Routes Toward the Fire and the Rose: An Address for "Episcopalians Seeking Unity in Diversity," The Episcopal Forum of South Carolina. By The Very Reverend Samuel G. Candler
- The Body's Grace. By Most Rev. Rowan Williams, Archbishop of
- "Have you only one blessing, Father?" By David Frazelle
- We Cannot Say 'I have no need of you'
. By The Rev. James A. Creasy, who was asked not to return after preaching this sermon
The Consecration of Gene Robinson as Bishop of NH
Click to enlarge
- Talking with Bishop Gene Robinson
. By Jonathan Ratican
- Reply to Dean Paul Zahl's Last Signal to the Carpathhia. By The Rev. Tobias Stanislas Haller, BSG
- Spring's Coming, Right?
. By the Rev. John F. Stanton
- Creative complementarity. Archbishop Njongonkulu Ndungane's Sermon for Washington Diocesan Convention, January 30, 2004
- Having the Wrong Expectations About Jesus. By the Rev. Terry
- The Biblical Case in Favor of Gene Robinson's Election,
Confirmation, and Consecration. By the Rev. Gray Temple. This site
requires Acrobat Reader
- God's Forgiveness Sets Us Free. By The Very Rev. Ronald C. Crocker
- Sectarianism in Orthodoxy and Orthodoxy in Sectarianism by by
Archbishop John (Shahovskoy) of San Francisco [Russian Orthodox].
- Beginnings, Ends, and Friends. By The Rev. Tobias Stanislas
- Bishop Stanton's Analogy. By Terrence Doyle
- Trying to Understand the Nature of the Opposition to Bishop Robinson. By Robert Schneider
- Episcopal Hardball: A Comedy Skit. A Comedy Skit Which Satirizeth the Current Crisis in the Episcopal Church. By The Rev. Robert R. Smith
- Bishop Spong Advises Progressives in a Schismatic Diocese.
- Shall the Fundamentalists Win?
. By The Late Rev. Harry Emerson Fosdick
- Doing Justice at the Christ Mass. By The Rev. Lee Shaw
- Addresses by Keynote Speakers at the Halfway to Lambeth Conference. By Rt.
Rev. Michael Ingham (Canada), Rt. Rev. Gene Robinson (USA), Christopher Senteza (Uganda),
Mario Ribas (Brazil), and Rowan Smith (South Africa). Bishop Robinson's presentation is in
audio and requires RealPlayer.
- How can the Episcopal Church approve of an action that violates Scripture? . By John S.
- Report on an AAC meeting in Atlanta. By The Rev. Paul Cosby
- The Episcopal Church offers a Model for How a Community Can Disagree and Yet Remain United Behind a Common Purpose. By The Very Reverend Todd M. Donatelli
- Subversive Thoughts on Healing Touch. By Ann Carlson
- A Vision of The Earth. By the Rev. Franklin E. Vilas
- African Clergy and Their Racist American Friends. By Ed Sebesta.
- On Being Legal. By Tom Ehrich.
- As the World Groans By Ronald E. George.
- A Way Opening: Reflections for the Diocese of Tennessee. By The
Rev. Lisa Hunt.
- God's Handkerchiefs. By the Rev. John Lane Denson.
- Serve Him Day and Night in the Temple. Sermon at the Consecration of V. Gene Robinson as Bishop Coadjutor of the Diocese of New Hampshire. By The Rt. Rev. Douglas E. Theuner
- We Drew a Circle That Took Him In. By Richard Schisler
- Inclusivity: A Never Ending Journey. By The Rev. Phillip Dana Wilson
- Can the Bible be Wrong? By the Rev. William Coats.
- Why Anglican schism would hurt those who force it. By Muriel
- Matthew Shepard Memorial Sermon. By Nathaniel R. Brown
- American Anglican Council Excels at Shutting Doors. By Kevin
- 'This I command you, to love one another'. By the Rev. Canon John L. Peterson, Secretary General of the Anglican Communion
- An Open Letter to the Dissenting American Bishops and Priests and to the Anglican Primates. By Ted Mollegen
- Winds of Change. By the Rev. Tobias Haller
- Stewardship of the Faith. A response to the AAC's Call to Action by John
A. McKinney, Jr.
- A Suggested Response to the Primates Meeting. By the Rev. Canon Mark Harris
- Accounting for those who pledged to punish The Episcopal Church at the October 2003 Summit of American Anglican Council.
- Let's be honest here: Do we believe that the Holy Spirit moved through the great councils? . By The Rev. Howard Anderson
- Unity May Seem Tenuous. By The Rev. Sheila Nelson-McJilton
- American Anglican Council
Bans National Church Leader,
Women's Caucus Editor,
Others from Dallas Conference.
Louie Crew's Sexuality May Be Factor
. By Jack H. Taylor, Jr.
- Draft Diocesan Resolution on Same-Sex Blessings.
- The Cock is Crowing. By the Rev. Pierce W. Klemmt email@example.com
- Who Owns the Parish? By the Rev. William Coats
- Rejecting the Commandment of God In Order to Keep your Tradition.
By the Rev. Al Shands
- How to face the Ordination of a Bishop of homosexual orientation?
By Rt. Rev. Jubal Neves, Bishop of Southwestern Brazil
- The General Issues That Are At Stake Here
. By Most Rev. Dr Barry Morgan, Archbishop of Wales firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proclaim Jubilee : Do Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly with God. By Dr. Linda Gaither
- The Bible and Moral Change. By The Rev. Warner White.
- Demanding Accountability and Keeping the Faith. By The Rev. Canon Mark Harris.
- Points for Primates to Ponder in Preparation for October Meeting. By The Very Rev. Andrew Furlong.
- Arguments and Divisions in the Church. By the Fred Barber preached at Trinity Church in Fort Worth on 9/21/2003 anticipating the diocese's special
convention on 9/27/2003
- By Schisms Rent Asunder, By Heresies Distressed. By the Rev. Dr. Harold T. Lewis,
Rector, Calvary Church in Pittsburgh.
- American Anglican Council and Institute for Religion and Democracy
. By Jack L. Taylor, Detective
- Dealing with Conflict as Anglicans
. By L. William Countryman. Note: This site requires that you have the Acrobat
This Old Creaking Ship of Faith is Struggling
with Things That Matter. A Series of Reports to BELIEFNET.COM from General Convention.
By The Rev. Mark Harris. This is one deputy's summary of the unfolding of General Convention
offered lest we forget that people of good will worked hard in their
struggles with the issues, one another, and did what they were called to
do - make decisions.
- God's Word, Not God's Last Word.
By Dr. James G. Carson
- A Tale of Two Closets.
By Dr. James G. Carson
- "Let all of us speak the truth to our neighbors, for we are members of one another." By The Rev. Mary Frances Schjonberg
- To the Clergy and Laity of the Diocese of Sao Paula. A
Letter from the Rt. Rev. Hiroshi Ito, Bishop of Sao Paulo
- Some Progressive Episcopalians Write to the Bishop of Texas
- Letter in Response to Bishop Herlong's 'Pastoral' By The Rev. John Lane Denson
- A Transfigured Church. By The Rev. Jim Bradley
- God Made Me Gay. Letter to Louise: A Biblical Affirmation of Homosexuality
- Bridging the Chasm. By the Rev. Elizabeth M. Kaeton
- An Open Letter to Episcopalians on the Issue of
Homosexuals and the Church. By Dr. J. Carl Ficarrotta, A Parishioner of
Grace and St. Stephen's Episcopal Church Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
- Vestry Removes Rainbow Flag
to Decide Whether GC's Decisions
May Be Reconciled with Both Scripture and the Church's Traditional Stance on Human Sexuality, A letter from the Senior Warden to a gay parishioner
- Parish Newsletter: Response to General Convention 2003.
By the Rev. John F. Stanton
- General Convention's Actions and the Constitution of the Episcopal
Church. By the Rev. Canon Mark Harris
- There is no Sin in Love By Candace Chellew-Hodge in
Whosoever, a comment on the consents to the election of the Bishop of NH
- Expelling The Episcopal Church from the Anglican Communion? By Jeffri Harre
- Breaking God's Heart, a contrary view by The Rev. Ellen A.
Donnelly after General Convention 2003
- Anglican Authority and Homosexuality By The Rev. William Coats
- Jason Green's Collection of Pastoral Responses of Bishops to General
- The Fires of Intolerance by Ken Shimamoto. This site will take you away from the series. Use your
BACK button to return
- God's Buffer by J. V. Michael Motes
- Snakes in the Churchyard, Lightning in the Sky A Rumination on the General Convention of the Episcopal Church, 2003 by The Rev. Canon Mark Harris
- A Letter to the Parish by the Rev. Andrew Sloane, Rector, St. Paul's
'K' Street, Washington, DC, an historic Anglo-Catholic parish.
- The Mount of God's Unchanging Love, a sermon at General Convention
2003 by Rt. Rev. Michael B. Curry
- A Difficult Teaching: Blame It on Jesus. By the Rev. Kelly Koonce, Autin, TX
- Living with the Reality of General Convention Down Home: Speaking the Truth in Love. By The Rev. John Dews
- Be Subject to One Another Out of Reverence for Christ. By The Rev.
- Stop the Mean-Spiritedness. By Bob Hilliard
- 35th Anniversary Celebration Eucharist of The Union of Black
Episcopalians, a Sermon by The Rev. Sandye A. Wilson
- The Episcopal Church is thriving in joyful Christian ministry. A
statement by the leadership of the Diocese of West Tennessee (who voted against C051 & C045
at GC 2003)
- A Lesbian's Testimony in House of Deputies by The Rev. Dr. Lee
- A Statement Favoring the Blessing of Same-Sex Unions by the Very
Rev. Samuel G. Candler
- Christianity as the earthiest and least otherworldly of all religions
by the Rev. Lane Denson.
- Crossing Lines, by the Rev. Lowell Grisham
- Preparing for General Convention as a Congregation, by The Rev.
- Nate Knows Nada, the Blog of Nathan Paxton, a Ph.D. candidate in
Government at Harvard. With his permission, eavesdrop on his reflections.
Young people are watching our convention; it behooves us to listen to them.
- We Are Not an `Issue'; We Are Children of God,
by The Rev. Canon Richard T. Nolan
- No Longer Strangers or Strange, by the Rev. Michael Hopkins.
- Lawfully Joined: Same-Sex Marriage in Light of the Church.s Traditional
and Liturgical Practice, by The Rev. Tobias S. Haller, BSG. A Honors Thesis for an M.Div.
Degree at the General Theological Seminary.
by Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Responding to the Blessings in the Canadian Diocese of New Westminster, Archbishop of
Canterbury Rowan Williams writes:
In taking this action and ignoring the considerable reservations of
the Church, repeatedly expressed and most recently by the Primates,
the diocese has gone significantly further than the teaching of the
Church or pastoral concern can justify and I very much regret the
inevitable tension and division that will result from this
Young children define words by giving examples of their use. If you
ask young children to define the word cooperate, they give examples
that do not fit that word, but instead fit the word obey. The
reason is obvious: it's because adults around them keep telling them
to cooperate, when the adults have no interest in simple cooperation,
and demand instead obedience.
The same newspeak is going on here in Williams' comments. The Diocese
of New Westminster has not ignored the reservation of the church.
It has listened, taken it into account, and then proceeded as it does
best. The rest of the church has a right to be heard, and heard they
were. But our structures do not require New Westminster to obey the
Rowan Williams has thus greatly confused the two. The Primates'
Meeting doesn't even have the right to demand to be heard (unlike the
ACC or maybe Lambeth); if they want to be heard they must stop the
silly seclusion and secrecy attached to the meeting. But regardless
of whether we must listen to the Primates' Meeting, we have listened.
Ironically, the Primates' Meeting does not listen. They shut
themselves up behind closed doors, proudly announcing that it's just a
private conversation, and then issue magisterial statements from on
high, which the Archbishop of Canterbury now thinks must be obeyed by
each and every diocese of the Anglican Communion.
But listen and obey are different things. Williams seems to think
that if you don't obey, then you must not have been listening. This
is a dangerous thing to say. We are now on the second Presiding
Bishop of the Episcopal Church who talks a nice line about the
inclusion of gay people, but when push comes to shove, doesn't really
speak up for us. (Remember Lambeth and his abstention? My bishop
at the time,
Tom Shaw, SSJE, did speak up.) I believe we are now
witnessing the slide of Rowan Williams into the miasma of selling us
out to preserve a facade of unity.
- An Open Letter to the Bishop of Texas by Muffie Moroney.
- Between Heaven and Earth: In a Shape of (African) Women's Spirituality by Sybille Ngo Nyeck
- Position papers of The Witness Magazine
- How to Fight in Our Civil War by The Rev.
- Open Letter to the Archbishop of Canterbury
by The Rev. Frank Doe
- Walking Humbly Yet George? by protest.bmgbiz.net
- The Steadfast Love of God by The Rev. Dr. Lloyd A. Lewis.
- How will we discern? by Hays Junkin, President of the Standing
Committee of the Diocese of New Hampshire
- Going with Jesus the Extra Mile by Elizabeth G. Calhoun
- Authority to Bless Same-Gender Relationships by Thomas Bushnell,
- Prayers for General Convention -- A collection from
- Unions by Kurt Ellison
- Who Is This that Darkens Counsel Without Knowledge? An audio
tape of Louie Crew's Gay Pride sermon at All Saints in Atlanta, June 26, 2003. Requires Real
Player. Sermon begins 20 minutes into the recording and last for 20 minutes.
- Through the Dust by the Ven. Ormonde Plater
- Peace! Be Patient by The Rev. Ruth Bradbury LaMonte
- Positions on the Election of V. Gene Robinson
collected by Lionel E. Deimel, Ph.D.
- A Psychological Issue Continually Overlooked in the
'Gay' Debate by Rob Voyle.
- The storm on the 'High Seas of Anglicanism'
by The Rev. Elizabeth Kaeton
- Act of Penitence from Changing Attitudes in the U. K.
- Breaking News by The Rev. Susan Russell
- ...one holy, catholic, and apostolic... by The
Rev. John D. Lane
- Having Gone In Separate Ways by Ann Carlson.
- Same-sex issues letter sent to Bishop and Deputies of
WV for General Convention by Joan S. Kuiken
- An Unexpected, Yet Bidden, Journey by The Rev.
Edward J. Mills III
- What if they gave a schism and nobody came? by The
Rev. Susan Russell
- The Revisionists Who Scare Me by Louie Crew
- Be Ye Different: Sacramental Inauthenticity, the
dis-em-Body-ment of Christ, Spiritualities of Resistance, and Queer Pride
by Christopher Evans.
- That They May Be One As We Are One By The Rev.
- One Beginning to a Conversation on Human Sexuality by The Rev. Louie Skipper
- Reading the Primates' Statement Carefully by The Rev. Tobias S. Haller
- Recite Them to Your Children by the Rev. Susan
- Longing To Hope Again: The National Reconciliation Conversations by The Rev. Susan Russell.
- Can we talk? A reaction to True Union in the Body & to The Theology Statement Claiming the Blessing by The Rev. Elizabeth Kaeton
- Something is very wrong here:
Christian law on sexuality 'not right' by Rt. Rev. Terry Brown, Bishop
of Malaita in the Church of the Province of Melanesia.
- Episcopal Elections that will come to the General
Convention for Confirmation
- Sexuality is a Rock: The World of Human Intercourse is a Hard Place: Ruminations on the Report of the Theological Committee of the House of Bishops of the Episcopal Church by The Rev. Mark Harris
- How a Traditionalist Clergyman Might Rethink His Position by John S. Morgan.
- Is Marriage at Risk? I Hope So! by Julie
- What Authority? by The Rev. Susan Russell.
- A Message to the Church by The Rev. Michael Hopkins.
- EXSURGAT DEUS (LET GOD ARISE) by The Rev. Dr. Mark Harris.
- A House of Prayer for All People. Very Rev. Sam Candler's
sermon suppressed from appearing in the program at the U.S. Anglican Congress.
- Keep Awake: AIDS in the World by Earl Grout.
- Claiming the Blessing by The Rev. Elizabeth
- A Persistent People by The Rev. Susan Russell.
- When I Can't See Christ for the Christians by
- Report on Confessing the Faith Conference by
- Opposition to Resolution One in the Diocese of
Pittsburgh Prepared by an ad hoc committee in that diocese.
- Autonomy in the Anglican Communion by the Rev.
- Mystic Sweet Communion is one thing and the Anglican Communion is another by The Rev. Dr. Mark Harris
- Letter to Archbishop of Canterbury Designate Rowan
Williams by Mark Brunson
- Heterosexism and the Stranger: A Reflection on Judges 19:9-30 by Lyn Headley-Moore.
- Transgender Counseling: Beyond Afterthoughts and Into the Margins by Dr. Ann Carlson.
- How Many Times Do I Have to Forgive? By the Rev.
Elizabeth M. Kaeton.
- Why Trials Are Good Things, or Why Non-Resident Licensed Clergy Are Not by Thomas Bushnell, BSG
- Holy Penguins! Taking Risks in the Episcopal Church
by The Rev. Dr. Robert Stiefel
- ECUSA's Response to the Aging. The Report to
Executive Council by The Congregational Ministries Cluster and the Board of
Episcopal Society for Ministry on Aging (ESMA)
- Resolution on Reparations at GC 2003 by Louie
- Imposing Agendas in the Anglican Communion by The
Rev. Tobias Haller
- The Episcopal Church Welcomes...Me a
transgendered person's response by Thomas Lewis
- Life and Witness in a Country at War by the Rev. Canon Mark Harris
- To Those Who Say 'Now Is Not the Time for Blessing Same-Gender Unions' by Chris Mackmay
- Iglesia Episcopal Bienvenidos by the Rev. Ernesto
- An Open Letter to God by The Rev. Gary Steele
- The Politics of Loving Kindness in a Heartless World:
Working for the good beyond the boundaries of contention. By the Rev.
Canon Mark Harris
- The Rev. Dr. Harold Lewis Writes
to The Rt. Rev. Robert Duncan Regarding The Bishop of Delaware's
Intention to Bless Lesbigay Relationships
- Ruthless Realism and the Situation in which the Church actually finds Itself. Notes Towards a Mission Focus for the 21st Century by The Rev. Dr. Mark Harris