Alliance 4 Public Service
The Alliance 4 Public Service is a network that aims to engage a broad range of citizens, public interest organizations, governments, and not-for-profit service providers in the active promotion of public service and personal responsibility at the local level.
Activities of the Alliance 4 Public Service include:
- Collaboration on issues concerning the quality of life of the public and the civic society
- Capacity-building programs to facilitate the education and ongoing professional development of current and future leaders in public service
- Communications networks between individuals involved in providing and promoting civic engagement
- Advocacy of public service through media channels, print and online publications, conference presentations and other opportunities
- Partnerships with organizations that are building capacities for civic engagement
Civic Engagement Magazine
The Alliance 4 Public Service publishes Civic Engagement, a magazine that seeks to deepen the discourse about, and underscore our shared commitment to, public service. Civic Engagement features the exemplars of public service – people and projects – as well as publications, other resources for "doing" public service, and personal reflections.
School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA)