DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 1st DUE TO THE DIFFICULTIES SOME STUDENTS HAVE EXPERIENCED AFTER THE OCTOBER SNOWSTORM!
RUTGERS-NEWARK VIDEO CONTEST:
SHOW US YOUR PUBLIC SERVICE HERO
Highlight an extraordinary example of Public Service – any person, organization, or policy you believe is doing good work or deserves acknowledgment. Tell us her/his/its story in a two-minute or less video and connect their story to at least one of Rutgers School of Public Affairs and Administration's four priniciples: Competence, Diversity, Knowledge, Service.
HOW TO ENTER
Upload your video to YouTube through your own account then submit your information via the registration form. [See How To Enter]
Select contest entries and winning videos will be featured on SPAA's website, YouTube Channel, and Virtual Museum of Public Service. There are three prize categories:
- First Place: prize of an iPad2
- First Runner-up: prize of an iPod Touch
- Second Runner-up: prize of an iTunes gift card
- Deadline to enter is 11:59 pm, December 1, 2011. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube and submission forms must be submitted via email by 11:59 pm, December 1, 2011.
- Winners will be announced the week of December 12, 2011 at a Winners Reception at the Center of Urban and Public Service where all winning videos will be shown during a light reception. Attendance of video contest entrants is requested.
Video submissions will be judged on:
- Content – subject matter and content of the video
- Creativity – video creativity, utilization of video elements
- SPAA's Four Principles – how well it speaks to (at least one of) SPAA's four principles [See Tips and Notes]
- Overall Score – how the overall video looks, sounds, and feels when viewed
To be eligible for prizes, entrants must be:
- A current Rutgers University Student (undergraduate, graduate, certificate, and/or online students, in-state or out-of-state students, or any student currently – during the Fall 2011 semester – taking at least one course at Rutgers are all eligible)
- A current New Jersey High School Student
Multiple eligible students may work on a video, but only one prize will be awarded per entry. Only one entry allowed per student. Only one student allowed per entry form.
Not eligible for prizes:
- Faculty and Staff of SPAA and their families
- Any student working for SPAA in any capacity
TIPS AND NOTES
[See Tips and Notes]
RULES AND REGULATIONS
[See Rules and Regulations]
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.