Our Career Counselors are available to assist Rutgers-Newark students/alumni and address a range of career-related questions in a direct one-to-one basis, such as:
- Preparing for Career Fairs and Interviews
- Career decision making | Choosing a major and the connection to career interests
- Using RaiderNet and other search tools to seek out oppportunities
- Critique Resumes, Cover Letters, and Personal Statements
- Graduate and professional school planning
- The best way to obtain Internships and Co-Ops for credit
Requesting a Career Search Appointment:
The enhanced appointment request capability within your RaiderNet account will allow you to see the availability of counselors and request an appointment directly. This feature also allows you to include notes for the counselor to help them prepare for your appointment.
- For 1 page resume critiques, Walk-in Periods are recommended.
- Please make sure to upload your resume in advance onto your RaiderNet account before you come in for either Walk-Ins or Appointments
Appointment Cancellation Policy:
- No Show Policy: If you fail to cancel the appointment within 24 hours and do not show up, it will be recorded as a "No Show." After two consecutive "No Shows," you will be blocked from scheduling another appointment until you speak with the career counselor with whom the most recent appointment was scheduled. Contact information for individual counselors is located on our website.
- Late arrival policy: If you arrive 10 or more minutes late for your appointment, you may be required to reschedule.