Recruiting at Rutgers - Newark
The Career Development Center at Rutgers-Newark sustains a long tradition of providing FREE year-round POSTINGS of part-time and seasonal jobs; experiential Internships; and entry-level / experienced professional positions through our RaiderNet software
Please review the General Recruiting Policy section below for policies which must be met in order to have your posting approved.
- 1st Time Posting Information
- General Recruiting Policy
- "Offer" Guidelines: All-Majors
- "Offer" Guidelines: Accounting
Select the Job Posting Requisition Form link below to see the information we require to post opportunities on RaiderNet. If you have any questions regarding the information requested, or posting in general, you may contact our Employer Relations Specialist, Ms. Michelle Bryan at 973-353-1852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Recruiting Policy
The following organizations will be permitted to post jobs through RaiderNet and participate in select Career Fairs events on the Newark campus. However, they will not be permitted to participate in the Rutgers On-Campus Recruiting (interviewing) program:
- Third-Party Recruiters - These include executive search firms and employment agencies
- Commission-Only Employers - These include organizations that do not pay a base salary to their employees.
- Multilevel Employers (also known as "Pyramid Employers") - These include organizations that depend on employees recruiting others to sell products and services on a commission only basis.
- Upfront Product Purchase Employers - These include organizations that require employees to invest their own resources in the purchase of supplies, products or services necessary to carry out their business.
GENERAL EMPLOYER OFFER GUIDELINES
The office of the Career Development Center strongly recommends the following guidelines in regards to response times once "offers" have been extended to a Rutgers University-Newark student:
- Full-Time Offers - Fall Semester, Until December 1
- Full-Time Offers - Spring Semester, A minimum of 2 weeks to decide
- Internship Offers - End of Summer, Until September 1
- Internship Offers - Fall Semester, Until December 1
- Internship Offers - Spring Semester, Until March 14; or a minimum of 2 weeks to decide
* In some cases, students may ask for extensions beyond these suggested guidelines. We hope you can accommodate these requests to enable the student to complete their recruiting process and make the best possible decision.
* Please refrain from offering large "exploding bonuses" as incentives for early acceptance.
ACCOUNTING PROGRAM OFFER GUIDELINES
The following guidelines apply to employers and current accounting majors participating in the Accounting Recruiting Program at Newark and New Brunswick.
Click Here to view and download guidelines