The Geoscience Engineering Major: The major in geoscience engineering is an interdisciplinary, interdepartmental, and intercollegiate major between the Department of Geological Sciences and the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at NJIT. The goal of the program is to train students to combine evaluative and remedial capabilities in one degree. The program is rigorous and designed to prepare graduates for technical and management positions in industry or to continue their education in graduate studies. The program is designed to lead to certification as a professional engineering (PE).
Please click on the tabs below to see a list of sample occupations possible with a Geoscience Engineering degree and a list employers who have hired Rutgers-Newark students with a degree in Geoscience Engineering.
- Sample Occupations
- Employers who have Hired R-N Graduates
Employers Who Have Hired R-N Graduates
- Center for Pediatric Research
- National Starch & Chemical Co.
- Lucent Technologies
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Newark Museum
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Central Intelligence Agency
- University of Medicine and Dentistry
- United States Department of Energy
- Staten Island Zoological Society
- Nature Conservancy, New Jersey Chapter