Please help us assist your son or daughter:
- Talk to your son or daughter about his or her general interests-academic, professional and personal.
- Explore our web-site for other tips and ideas to share with your son or daughter.
- Urge your son or daughter to visit the Career Development Center sometime during their first year so that they can begin the process of working with our professional Career Counselors. It is never too early to start the process of career decision making and planning.
- Encourage your son or daughter to write their first resume and have it critiqued by a Career Counselor during "Walk-In Periods" held Monday through Friday at the Career Center. It's not too soon to write a first resume. It will come in handy for volunteer positions, internships, and seasonal positions. The Career Center offers help individually (by appointment), through our web-site and through group workshop events.
- Advocate that your child attend on-campus Career Fair events so that they can begin to network with employers for internships and other opportunities. Such events can be used in the career decision making process as well as for the purposes of finding an actual internship or job.
Know that the Rutgers-Newark Career Development Center staff is here to support your child as they prepare for their life (and career) after college. Encourage them to use the resources of our department for their own success beyond Rutgers.