The Political Science Major: The undergraduate Political Science major is designed to give students a well-rounded background in the social sciences and to prepare them for a variety of fields that require a thorough knowledge of politics. These fields include law, government service (federal, state, local), teaching, business, publishing, social service, and others. The department also offers graduate work leading to the master's degree.
Please click on the tabs below to see a list of sample occupations possible with a Political Science degree and a list employers who have hired Rutgers-Newark students with a degree in Political Science.
- Sample Occupations
- Employers who have Hired R-N Graduates
Employers Who Have Hired R-N Graduates
- Essex Vicinage Probation Division
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Public Defender Service for D.C.
- National Organization for Women
- Central Intelligence Agency
- City of New York Department of Consumer Affairs
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Asian Pacific American Institute
- Office of the Public Defender of New Jersey
- The Kettering Foundation
- Program for Women and Families
- National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials
- State of New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs
- United States Department of State